Welcome, fellow audiobook lovers!
All titles in The Stone Cycle series are now available as audiobooks.
My audiobooks are available at Audible, Apple Books, Amazon, Spotify, Chirp, Kobo, Barnes & Noble / Nook, Google Play, and Scribd, among many other online sites. Click on one of the links below to go to the venue of your choice.
The audiobooks are also available in many libraries through Overdrive, Hoopla, and others. If you don't see them at your library, ask them to order them for you.
See below for Promotional Pricing.
Audiobooks are also available for sale from a wide range of online audiobook stores, including Amazon, Audible, Apple, Spotify, Google Play, Chirp, Barnes and Noble, and others.
You can also borrow audiobook versions from libraries and listen to them for free!
- Hoopla (Library Catalog)
- Overdrive (Library Catalog)
- Google Play
- Barnes and Noble / Nook
- Kobo, Walmart
Ratings and Reviews
Ratings and reviews of the audiobooks can be found at online audiobook websites, most notably Chirp. Average ratings typically exceed 4 out of 5 stars.
Here are some review comments from Chirp:
- "This is a very enjoyable book to listen to." (The Stone of Knowing, Book 1)
- "This was one of the best stories I have ever heard!" (The Stone of Knowing, Book 1)
- "I thoroughly enjoyed this tale. Packer writes vividly, with realistic, likable characters. This is a fun story I’d highly recommend." (The Stone of Knowing, Book 1)
- "This listen maintained the excellence of the first book…This book is fast-paced and quite dramatic." (The Cost of Knowing, Book 2)
- "Very good story and well read by the reader." (The Cost of Knowing, Book 2)
- "Well written, well read & great character development!" (The Stone of Authority, Book 3)
- "Excellent!!! Could hardly put this audiobook on pause. Highly recommend this series. The narrator was perfect for each of the characters he voiced. I will be re-reading this series as it is so very captivating!!!" (The Stone of Authority, Book 3)
- "Love this series." (The Stone of Authority, Book 3)
- "Great stuff." (The Struggle for Authority, Book 4)
- "I'm really enjoying the series." (The Struggle for Authority, Book 4)
- "Good, engaging story and well read." (The Stone of Vitality, Book 5)
- "The story has really grown on me as I have progressed through it. Very much looking forward to the final book." (The Stone of Vitality, Book 5)
- "As with all the books in this series the story is gripping and entertaining." (The Hope of Vitality, Book 6)
- "Full of adventure and action and fascinating characters! Fabulous storyline. Could hardly put the audiobook down. Loved the narrator's rendition." (The Stone of Knowing Complete Set)
Another listener says, "The narrator speaks with great clarity, energy and emotion."
Check the audiobooks out for yourself!
HUGE discounts are currently available on all of my audiobooks at Chirp. Prices are valid until Dec 22, 2023.
Grab them now while the promotion lasts!
Follow me on Chirp to be notified of future promotions…
Some sites notify members when promotional prices become available for authors they follow. Chirp is an excellent example.
NOTE regarding Authors Direct. My audiobooks were previously available through Authors Direct, which closed down on April 14, 2023. If you bought any of my audiobooks from Authors Direct, you won't lose them! You should directly receive a redemption code from Findaway Voices to unlock your Authors Direct books on Spotify. If you have any issues, please let me know. Thanks, Allan
Available from libraries and online audiobook stores:
- The Seer: A Prequel to The Stone of Knowing — February 5, 2021
- The Stone of Knowing — March 4, 2021
- The Cost of Knowing — March 11, 2021
- The Rending: A Prequel to The Cost of Knowing — April 8, 2021
- The Stone of Knowing Complete Set — June 3, 2021
- The Stone of Authority — August 9, 2021
- The Struggle for Authority - December 31, 2021
- The Struggle for Authority Complete Set - April 4, 2022
- The Stone of Vitality - June 7, 2022
The stories are narrated by Greg John.
Here is a brief bio for Greg:
Greg John, now retired, has spent his working life in Australia teaching children aged 5 to 18, mainly in the Performing Arts. He has been involved in school and amateur drama and music theatre as principal performer, musical director, director, and producer. Professionally, he has performed in many mainstage operas and major festival productions, including as Narrator in the concert version of Guys and Dolls.
Allan N. Packer’s The Stone Cycle is his first serious foray into audiobook narration.
An Audio Sample
Click on the following image for a short sample from the audiobook version of The Seer.